****DISCLAIMER:

Please Note that I am neither a physician nor a social worker. Check with your physicians and/or members of your medical team before considering using any of the tools and/or strategies suggested herein.****

Monday, September 26, 2011

Tip #61 Creature Comforts; I'll Have the Duck Please

     Yep, the duck please. No, I'm not repeating an order at a restaurant, I am speaking about my favourite duck - I call him Mr. Duck in fact. Huh?
      For Christmas last year my beautiful niece Miss C gave me a stuffed duck - or at least what appeared to be a stuffed duck. It would have been a lovely gift from her on its own; all huggable, soft, and plush; BUT, it became an ever better gift when I learned that Mr. Duck actually housed a hot water bottle. How awesome is that?!
     I've mentioned this product to a few people now, and many of my friends (usually the ones with kids) say "Oh, of course, I have the ______ (dog, cat, sheep, etc)." Who knew? If you haven't seen it, or have but never thought of using it for anyone who is not a child- maybe consider to reconsider!  
     Below I have 2 pics: The first is Mr. Duck with the bottle in him (sealed by Velcro in the middle of his back), and the second has the removable hot water bottle beside him.


 

     So, aside from the whole "it's cute factor" Mr. Duck may have few bonuses that may be of interest to you:

  • No opportunity to leave a heating pad on and burn yourself because you fell asleep before turning it off....
  • No electricity required:)
  • It doesn't melt your feeding tube, IV line, or computer (you'll have to just trust me on this one!)
  • It stays warm a lot longer than a regular hot water bottle (it's insulated)
  • Got it ick-ified? No problem, it's washable
  • It doesn't smell like barley or rice (as many of the microwavable bags do)
  • It's like an extra hug when you don't feel so well (silly I know, but true nonetheless:)
     Mr. Duck also comes as a sheep, a pig, and a few other animals too. Here's a link for a "flashy lamb" at Amazon.com. They usually cost $20-$30.

What do you know? A creature comfort that is both a creature and a comfort!

Happy Heating!


1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah. I'm one of those.. "I have the rat... we named him Rizzo" : )

    ReplyDelete