****DISCLAIMER:

Please Note that I am neither a physician nor a social worker. Check with your physicians and/or members of your medical team before considering using any of the tools and/or strategies suggested herein.****

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Tip #62 Wise Words Wednesday; A Shift in Focus


     I believe that Illness is a family sport – it isn’t only difficult for the one physically recovering, but for caregivers and family alike.  It can be physically and emotionally exhausting for all, and a time of heartache. But I also think it can be (I didn’t say is always) a privilege to be in such a place in life. Huh? Well, if you actually take a look around you, I hope that you can see extraordinary people who love you and that you love, and/or people that are supportive and that you support, and/or people you encourage and are encouraged by you.
     Sometime’s it is easier to see and/or do these things than others, but I hope that you keep looking always. For me, well, I see it a lot – in friends and family and in people that I barely know, too – but especially in God. It is both comforting and humbling.
     The two quotes of this day? The first is a great reminder that changing focus is a good thing…
Worry is like a rocking chair - - it gives you something to do but doesn’t get you anywhere.”
-Spurgeon
And the second? Well, I think that one’s self-explanatory. Hard to go wrong with that!
“Therefore encourage one another and build each other up.”
-Thessalonians 5:11

Happy Shifting!

No comments:

Post a Comment