****DISCLAIMER:

Please Note that I am neither a physician nor a social worker. Check with your physicians and/or members of your medical team before considering using any of the tools and/or strategies suggested herein.****

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Tip #27 Wise Words Wednesday; As Helen Keller Sees It

     Welcome to Wise Words Wednesday! 
     The other day I wrote a post entitled "Your Inukshuk," and encouraged you to find Inukshuks that bring you hope, give you inspiration, and/or make you feel like you are standing in solidarity with another. As the traditional meaning of an Inukshuk is "we were here," or, "we were here and you will find food/shelter, etc. in this direction," my hope is that your Inukshuks will help point the way for you in your recovery journey. In addition I hope that as you are able to, that you can do the same for someone else - even if you don't feel like you can be a whole Inukshuk, but a tiny part of one.
     Since that post, I haven't been able to stop thinking about all of the people whose words have inspired me over the years; people I (often) don't actually know, but who have changed my life in immeasurable ways. I am hoping that you feel the same, especially in this recovery journey now whether you are the one recovering, the caregiver, or both. So, with that in mind, I have decided that we need a new, regularly posted category on this blog that will feature what are (hopefully!) wise words. And, I am asking for your help (if you are willing and able) with this project, please. How?
     Well, for starters, I will endeavor to provide a quote each Wednesday. If you would like to share words, quotes, or phrases that are - or have been - significant to you in this process, then please write them in the comments section of Wednesday's posts. I will copy those quotes and include them in the body of the following Wednesday's post. I would love to see that happen if you were inclined to share!
     Okay, so you're probably saying lets get on with it already for this week (lol)!! Here we go; one of my favourite quotes of all time - from one truly amazing woman.

Although the world is full of suffering, 
it is full also of the overcoming of it. 
Helen Keller, Optimism, 1903

Happy Overcoming!

No comments:

Post a Comment