****DISCLAIMER:

Please Note that I am neither a physician nor a social worker. Check with your physicians and/or members of your medical team before considering using any of the tools and/or strategies suggested herein.****

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Tip #368 Wise Words Wednesday; Superwoman or Wise Woman?

     Hello everyone. I know it's been a few weeks since I last posted anything, but as you all know, sometimes illness doesn't cooperate or coordinate well with one's schedule. How could it though? After all, no time is a good time, and even if there were a good time, it's still not something easily planned... 
     When we find ourselves in that type of scenario, I think we have a choice to make: Superwoman or Wise Woman. What? Yep, lets reiterate -  Superwoman or Wise Woman (pardon me if you're male - Superman and Wise Man also apply:)). Which would you rather be?
     It took me a few years, but I finally figured out that I am not Superwoman. First I thought I was, then I thought I wasn't but wanted to be, and finally I decided I don't. I know what you're going to say - excellent choosing skills Val, way to be direct and certain! But hey, what can I say? I'm not always the sharpest knife in the drawer! Although I'm a type A personality, age has taught me to mellow a bit... so I don't want to be Superwoman because I don't want the pressure, expectations, and responsibility that come with that job description - especially since no human could actually fulfil that description. Well, that and the whole uniform issue - going on Superman and Wonder Woman's costumes, I'm not sure I'm up for what Superwoman might have to wear....
     Seriously though, instead of Superwoman, I am striving to be a wise woman - a super wife, friend, sister, daughter... To do that requires making wise choices that conserve energy as needed, and apply it to the most important things in life (in my case, faith, family, and friends). With that said, I did miss blogging - I love the creative process of doing it, and I thank you for your patience, and for continuing to check in. I am still humbled and amazed that you would at all want to read what I have to say - thanks! 
     As for Wise Words Wednesday? I opened a tin of mints, and the quote I'm sharing today was written on the inside surface of the lid (a very fun surprize). It was a good kick in the but for me (reminding me to slow down and pay attention), and particularly apt for what I wanted to say today about making wise decisions with one's evergy. He says:

Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.
-Jimi Hendrix

That's good stuff:) So here's to listening... in faith, in relationships, and in response to the body and it's limits, too. Yep, very wise words indeed Jimi Hendrix! 

Happy Listening!

2 comments:

  1. Wonder Woman definitely did NOT live in Canada. Brrrr! I think there are elements of SuperWoman though in all of us. We may not be able to save the world but compassion, inner strength and determination are all part of SW that I'm happy to add to a WiseWoman arsenal. Give yourself full credit honey. You are a Super and Wise woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are Wonder Woman, Super Woman AND Incredible Hulk Gurl. But most of all Wise Woman.
    Hugs,
    Stamping Woman ;o)

    ReplyDelete