****DISCLAIMER:

Please Note that I am neither a physician nor a social worker. Check with your physicians and/or members of your medical team before considering using any of the tools and/or strategies suggested herein.****

Monday, February 7, 2011

Tip #18 Picture Perfect; Are You Hot or Not?

     No, I'm not talking about your appearance... I'm talking about being physically warm! Are you nice and toasty warm? If our house didn't have any heat today, we'd have been frozen solid - we had several inches of snow today. It sure is pretty, but it's darn cold too!
     If you are a homeowner, there is a lot to know in terms of the "mechanics" of your house (hot water heater, fuse panel, etc.). This beauty is our new wood furnace. Why should you care about my furnace? Well, it would be odd if you did I must say, so it's a good thing you don't. But my point is that you've now seen just as much of our wood furnace as I have. It's downstairs and, well, I'm not. But, lucky for me, my thoughtful hubby took a picture of it for me.
    Why did I need to see it? At one time, when I was quite ill, the water heater needed to be reset. I couldn't go downstairs, and so I described what was what in the basement to my friend K. K came upstairs with pictures. She had listened to my instructions (press the red button on the third grey "appliance" beside the red furnace on the left side of the wood pile - what's so confusing about that? LOL!), and came upstairs with pictures on her BlackBerry, asking for clarification. It was SO handy to have the pictures, and order and hot water were restored!
     So, when we got the new furnace, I got instructions and a picture to go with them. I recommend having someone do this for you, too. It makes life so much easier - and in this case, warmer too!

Happy picture-taking!

No comments:

Post a Comment