****DISCLAIMER:

Please Note that I am neither a physician nor a social worker. Check with your physicians and/or members of your medical team before considering using any of the tools and/or strategies suggested herein.****

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Tip #309 Wise Words Wednesday; Waiting.

     "One of the greatest strains in life is 
the strain of waiting for God." 


     I'm not here to debate faith; whether there is or isn't a God, and if there is one, whether he's a he or a she or something else entirely. Your faith (or lack thereof), is your own and mine is mine, and I respect your right to your own beliefs.


     For me, I believe in God. And, I believe that in the midst of illness God is still a great God. I don't feel abandoned, but I do feel impatient. 


     And then I saw the quote above. Whether you are a person of faith or not, I think it is fair to say that Oswald still captures the strain of waiting. If not for God, then waiting for health, peace, freedom from pain or whatever other words you choose to substitute.


   Just wanted to tell you you're not alone, and someone else "gets" it. That's all.


Happy waiting for nary a minute more!



     

2 comments:

  1. I guess it's only fair - us waiting for God. After all, He's constantly waiting for us...

    PS: I like this new, fresh, simplified look Val!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very good point! PS Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete