****DISCLAIMER:

Please Note that I am neither a physician nor a social worker. Check with your physicians and/or members of your medical team before considering using any of the tools and/or strategies suggested herein.****

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Tip #17 Frightening Fear; Fighting the Good good Fight

     Have you ever felt (as a caregiver and/or survivor) as though your life was out of control due to the severe trauma or injury you've experienced? Or, have you ever been frustrated that there is something that you really want to do - even need to do, but you can't do it because your body won't cooperate? That can be scary. It can be maddening, and it can be an astonishing and a difficult realization.

I told my body the other day that I needs to stop being such a traitor, and to hurry up about fixing itself. ASAP.

I have things to do.

     That's why I like this week's quote. It made me laugh, and I think it's a fun visual for fighting the good fight.


     Side note: Does that mean that if you can't get your feet on the floor yet, or that you may always need to adapt because of the trauma, that you're not doing okay? No. of course not. We're all allowed to be human.
     So, here's to fighting the good fight for the best life possible, however possible, whenever possible - whatever that looks like (eg. for me, it's asking God to show up and do His thing). And, Here's also to fighting for the most productive life possible when you are able, and however you are now able to do so.
    
PS, I got this from here, and sorry if there are any guys reading this.... that's just the way the quote was written!

Happy Hitting that floor!

No comments:

Post a Comment